Crafting Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Crafting Chat

Share your projects and ideas in a nice friendly and relaxing atmosphere. Post as much or as little as you like. Most of all Happy scrappin'

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Made Cards vs shop bought ones.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MacCrafty
Admin

Made Cards vs shop bought ones. Empty
PostSubject: Made Cards vs shop bought ones.   Made Cards vs shop bought ones. EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 10:02 am

While looking in the local supermarket I came accross the card section, now you can get alot of funny or intresting cards in this day and age. Some have funny pictures from the past with slogans that are admitedly quite funny. Some play music everytime you open them or play funny birthday messages from famous people (obv bit the real star). Some have nce badges but alot are just generic and boring, infact if I have to buy a card more often than not it takes me ages to find one I dont hate.

This is where hand made cards make the difference, you can taylor make the card to suit the occasion/person and you can write your own message or something you know that the reciever will really dig more than generic hallmark message. Plus the creator has all the enjoyment of making that card.
Back to top Go down
https://craftchat.forumotion.com
MacCrafty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Made Cards vs shop bought ones.   Made Cards vs shop bought ones. EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 1:03 pm

MacCrafty wrote:
While looking in the local supermarket I came accross the card section, now you can get alot of funny or intresting cards in this day and age. Some have funny pictures from the past with slogans that are admitedly quite funny. Some play music everytime you open them or play funny birthday messages from famous people (obv bit the real star). Some have nce badges but alot are just generic and boring, infact if I have to buy a card more often than not it takes me ages to find one I dont hate.

This is where hand made cards make the difference, you can taylor make the card to suit the occasion/person and you can write your own message or something you know that the reciever will really dig more than generic hallmark message. Plus the creator has all the enjoyment of making that card.

As a side thought I have never made anyone a real card, I have made a few elecronic ones lol, but I am not a great creative mind, would you rather get a real nice bought card or a card that someone put time and love into making?
Back to top Go down
purpluscious

purpluscious

PostSubject: Re: Made Cards vs shop bought ones.   Made Cards vs shop bought ones. EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:01 pm

MacCrafty wrote:

As a side thought I have never made anyone a real card, I have made a few elecronic ones lol, but I am not a great creative mind, would you rather get a real nice bought card or a card that someone put time and love into making?

Handmade for sure.... It's not rocket science and there are a million tutorials on the web lol... Doesn't have to be ornate to be nice... Can be quite simple...
Back to top Go down
http://purplecinn-craftycrafter.blogspot.com/
spiritangel

PostSubject: Re: Made Cards vs shop bought ones.   Made Cards vs shop bought ones. EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 3:19 pm

I agree handmade shows a lot of love and thought

a good friend of mine does not make cards but she does go onto moonpig and create custom cards for her friends and I love that she takes the time to do that for me Smile
Back to top Go down
MacCrafty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Made Cards vs shop bought ones.   Made Cards vs shop bought ones. EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 3:03 pm

spiritangel wrote:
I agree handmade shows a lot of love and thought

a good friend of mine does not make cards but she does go onto moonpig and create custom cards for her friends and I love that she takes the time to do that for me Smile

Yeah I agree that some sites like moonpig can be good because it allows people who are not really artisitic (like me) to get a personal message to somebody in a creative way. I really like handmade cards for the fact that there are so many intresting designs out there rather that the usual folded over cardstock that we know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Made Cards vs shop bought ones.   Made Cards vs shop bought ones. Empty

Back to top Go down

Made Cards vs shop bought ones.
Page 1 of 1